Sunday, March 8, 2009

Where's the line?

An interesting debate came up yesterday, while I was visiting my friend, her husband, and her parents. Her parents had some guests over, so there was a good sample of various aged people. We "kids" were having a private conversation, the type that wouldn't be thought of as appropriate to have with the older folks; especially when the older folks are your friend's parents. They insisted that we join them in the conversation so we announced the topic:

If a girl is, say, 30 years old, how many sexual partners are too many?

In other words, what number would make you think "eww, that's gross?" Nicole immediately said 10. Nicole's mom said that she had never been one to "sport f***." (Yes, in those words.) Nicole's husband couldn't list a number, because, as a lawyer in training, had about 2038 qualifications that went into an answer. Older Lady said that it doesn't matter as long as you are having fun and that you should enjoy life, whether your number is 3 or 30. BUT, she did say that it is gross to just go out to a bar and hook up with a random guy. Hmmm. Nicole then came back and said a number as high as 30 sounds gross, unless you think that it's only 3 per year for each year of your 20s.

So, dear blog readers, what's your number? No, not THAT number...what is the number, where if some 30 year-old gave you as her number, would you think her to be a bit skanky?

12 comments:

PadresGirl said...

I know we already chatted about this, but I don't think double digits (10+) is a bad # at 30. You know, unless you racked up all 10 in one night. :-)

Ed said...

I think guys are usually just too happy to be getting laid to really care...

Jaimi said...

Happily in the double digits myself, I would think it would be triple digits that skanked me out. That or say... more than 1 one-night stand a year.

Totally.

Anonymous said...

While Sean didn't have a "number" his answer was that it depends on the circumstances, which is essentially the same answer as older lady (i.e. go out and have your fun but doing it with a random guy as a one night stand is nasty).

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'd also like to point out the interesting fact that older lady said that if she were asked this question when she was our age she would have said "2" but now that she's at the tail end of life she thinks people need to have fun.

Anonymous said...

Per Chris Rock,

"I figure you gotta give every woman a seven-dick curve. If she says, "Three," it's ten."

Jaimi, so that means 99 is not skanky?

Jaimi said...

Anonymous,

Nope, I would say that is just right.

P.S. I think Chris Rock is whack.

Anonymous said...

I would say under 30 is a fair number of serious and not so serious rendezvous' in the bedroom. But it does border sounding gross. I unfortunately was not the smartest gal in college or whatever you want to call me and had numerous crazy nights. I'm actually embarrassed by my numbers. Yet turned out ok, with no problems and some funny stories.

Anonymous said...

Must be nice to be the owner of the pussy. =)

I need to meet more girls that are into the "wild and crazy nights" phase. LOL.

PS. Dave Chappelle is whack, Chris Rock is funny and Eddie Murphy (in the RAW days) was genius.

PadresGirl said...

I will chime back in to say that I don't see a problem with having a couple of one-nighters under your belt, as long as you're safe. Sex should be fun, right people? And although I'm sure there is a number that is "too high" for every guy, it's going to vary, and Ed is probably the most right.

Anonymous said...

I would say that anything beyone 20would make me have negative thoughts about a girl. I have met some girls who have surpassed that number by the age of 21, definately not gf/wife material.

Lisa Lisa said...

My Mom always told me that sex was something you save until you find your sole mate, get married and plan on spending the rest of your life with. I have loved many many men in my days or at least I though I was in love at the time. Mothers know what's best, some of the time but not all the time!
Remember at number is just a number and its what you feel in your heart. The more you have sex the better it seems to get...Who cares what other people think! Just my 2cents :)