Monday, January 12, 2009

Post o' updates

Yeah, yeah, I'm a slacker. I know. Will it help if I tell you that my slackocity was due to spending ALL weekend (seriously, like 10 hours on both Saturday and Sunday) doing work stuff? No? Oh, well it was worth a try...

Hmm, where to start...

Rick
I'll start with Rick because I have a little dilemma with that situation. A few weeks ago, back when I was still felt there was potential, I sent him an evite to a little soire I'm having this weekend, to which he immediately RSVP'd he would attend. Flash forward to now. We haven't "talked" since early last week (and by talked I mean emailed). With any other guy, I would assume they would have figured it out, and would not expect them to show up. But this is Rick, the SRV. Okay, probably not the V part, but he is a little clueless when it comes to dating. I was thinking about sending him a nice email, saying something like "I know we haven't really been talking much, but ::blah blah blah:: and I wish you the best of luck." It seems a little less harsh than using the evite "univite" tool (btw, did you know they had that? Awesome.). And like I said, normally, I would just let it go, but I feel like there's a slight chance he would show up. Which wouldn't be a huge deal, except that....

Badge
...things are going really well with Badge and I'd like to invite him. We had our real (non-coffee) date on Friday. First thing I noticed? This guy has great manners. As in opens-my-car-door-every-time manners. We went to a resturant where the wait was an hour and a half, so we left and went somewhere else. We were at dinner for a long time and went to a bar after. When we finally got back to his place (I drove to his place and then we drove together from there) we sat in his car and talked for a while. Finally he was like "Is it okay if I kiss you?" Awww. I don't think I've ever been asked that before. So we did. And it was great.

He went snowboarding on Saturday and actually texted me a couple of times during the day. He then called me when he got back to the car to see when I wanted to get together again. Any guy who calls me while in a car with his guy friends scores some points.

Badge came over last night. We both were tired from the weekend and decided just to watch a movie on my couch. So we did. Followed by second movie. And some making out. Because that's how I roll. Apparently.

Doc
Doc and I spent most of last week texting back and forth. But he never asked to see me again. On Thursday I finally just asked him if we were going to get together.
His response: "Sure we can get together and hang out."
Me: "Unless you don't want to."
Him: "No that's fine...we can hang out."
Me: "Ha, you sound so convincing."

Okay, I get it, he's not interested, fine. He followed up by saying he was busy through the weekend, so I said we could figure something out next week. And he sent me an "okay sounds good :)" response. And I didn't text back. Fast forward to last night, Badge is over, we're comfortably watching a movie. I get a text, which I ignore. Unfortunately, Phoney McPodderson (my iPhone) does not appreciate being ignored, so I continue to get new message notifications every couple of minutes. I finally get up and check, and it's a text from Doc, asking how my weekend was.

I thought guys were supposed to be so simple and easy? Either ask me out or don't. Really, whichever route you take is fine. But don't NOT ask me out, act like you're not interested when I bring it up, and then revive the conversation after nothing for four days. That's all I'm saying.

Okay, so this was a long post, sorry about that. Any advice on the Rick and Doc situations would be super...As for Badge, I think I've got that one handled :) Oh, and I'm too lazy to proof read this, so I apologize for any errors.

6 comments:

Jaimi said...

This weekend - Totally rocked cause you spent almost every minute with me, duh.

Rick - Woman up, and send the email.

Badge - Handled, huh?

Doc - Perv alert! Perv alert!

Anonymous said...

Rick is a SRV so he will definitely show up to the party if you don't uninvite him. Keep this in the lessons learned bank "don't invite a guy you've gone out with three times to a party a month away."

Are you interested in being friends with Rick?

Anonymous said...

Actually I went out with Rick like 10 times before I invited him. So there.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I had been dating him like 6 weeks, so more than 10 dates. So there again.

PadresGirl said...

I'm with Jaimi... send the "Dear Rick" letter. I'm not sure if Doc is a perv (but she might know something I don't?)...I went on 2 dates with a doctor. Unless he's private practice, he probably has a wonky schedule. And maybe he's socially retarded. Or both...the world may never know. Boys can be dumb.

Ed said...

"Because that's how I roll. Apparently."

That made me laugh for some reason.