Monday, January 5, 2009

Stretch = douche

Sorry for the graphic title of this post, but it's fitting. Rewind to last Wednesday. I met Stretch for coffee. It went well. We planned to meet again for sushi the following day at noon. I get to the restaurant, he's not there. I sit down. I wait. And wait. I text him, no response. I finally leave at 12:30. A couple of hours later I get a text from him, apologizing profusely...something about sleeping through both of his alarms. He promises to make it up to me and spends the next two days apologizing. We make plans to have dinner on Sunday, but didn't set a time. Sunday rolls around and I don't hear from him. I give up. RIP Stretch, d-bag.

In other dating news, I have my next IJL date tonight. He's a doctor. Enough said.

Last night I was looking through my recent emails from guys on match. I came across one whose profile was very similar to mine, as in "I could have written it" similar. We ended up chatting for a while and are meeting up for coffee tomorrow. I'll call him Badge, since he carries one for his job (nope, not a cop). Oh, and get this....I told him where I work and he asks if I know someone who works here, Stan, because he plays basketball with Stan. Well, remember Tex? Tex also played b-ball with Stan. I asked if he knew Tex, and sure enough, he does. Small world. His exact comment was something like "Yeah I know Tex, that guy is so irritating." Precisely!

5 comments:

Jaimi said...

I agree with this assessment of Stretch. Totally.

I have tentative hopes about the other two.

(Why is Red Hot Chili Peppers' song 'Love is like a Rollercoaster' going thru my head?)

Ed said...

Total douche. Seriously, who sleeps through two alarms?! What kind of lame excuse is that?

Sounds like a guy who's juggling multiple potentials and doing it poorly.

Either that, or he just gets hammered on the weekends and is too hung over to pull it together for a date.

Anonymous said...

We didnt like the idea of this stretch character from the begining. He would take up most if not all of our already insufficient bed space.

The doc sound promising, he could buy a bigger bed...or maybe a bed of our own!!

PadresGirl said...

I'm with Ed. No one sleeps thru two alarms, especially when a hot chick is waiting for him. He's a douche.

Oh, and watch out for doctors. One tried to give me a breast exam on the first date. No lie. Actually, that is a lie. He DID give me a breast exam. Must watch alcohol consumption when out with doctors and guys that wear shirts that say "Trust me, I'm a doctor."

Haley said...

Who sleeps through 2 alarms for a noon time date? Granted I haven't slept in past 7am since Gage was born but seriously what a loser.