Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The future is clear(er)

Blogger J, S, and I decided to get our palms read last night. Do I believe in palm readers? Not really. I'm about 99.99% sure that it's total crap. But I do think that some people have a higher sense of intuition. Psychic? I don't know.

*warning- creepiness factor goes up in about 3 paragraphs*

My reading started out with the psychic saying I was seriously off balance in terms of my energy. Great. She said I was either at a total high or a total low, and that is hard for me because I like order. I consider myself to be a fairly even-keeled person, so whatev. She also said that I wear my heart on my sleeve, and although I'm great at giving love I have a hard time receiving love. Not sure how I feel about that. Oh, then she said that I'm in and out of love a lot (part of that high/low thing).

After these generalities she got specific. She said I have a soul mate who I will meet in 6-8 months, and we will be married about a year after that. She said our connection will be so strong that neither of us will feel the need for a long dating/engagement period. And three years from now? I'll be having my first of two sons.

I asked her to tell me about this alleged soul mate. She said he's 28-30, intelligent, loves the outdoors, and is spiritual. As for a job? *get ready for creepiness* He does something "somewhat related to law enforcement, but he's not a cop, but something with the government...AND HE WEARS A BADGE." Yeah, you read that right. She went on to say that I would meet him through a female friend. I told her that it was interesting she said that, because I'm currently dating someone who matches that description, and he knows one of my female friends (Blogger Jaimi). She asked if we were EXCLUSIVE, and I said no. She said she knows it isn't anyone I am currently in a serious relationship with, but couldn't anything in or out one way or the other.

Like I said, I pretty much think that psychics are crap and should be used for entertainment purposes only. But the fact that she used the word badge sort of creeped me out. Coinsidence? Probably. Weird? Definitely.

(By the way, Blogger Jaimi had her palm ready many, many years ago (way back at age 15), and the lady last night said pretty much the same stuff she was told back then. Cue twilight zone music.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool! I'm always afraid to get my palms read because I don't want them to tell me something bad, although I think they might not be allowed to do that.

You should have the talk with Badge tonight and tell him you got your palms read and he's your soul mate and that you guys will have two sons together and then show him a list of boy names and ask for his input.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that wouldn't scare him off at all! Haha...

PadresGirl said...

I've always been curious to have it done, just for fun. If you did end up marrying Badge, it would be a great story to tell the grandkids. :-) But yeah, I wouldn't spill the beans just yet!

Ed said...

I still think she was talking about a mall security guard.

Anonymous said...

Haha! The psychic probably just saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop and decided to mess with you.

Jaimi said...

You know what really creeps me out?

Your misspellng of "coincidence".

*shutter*

Anonymous said...

Really? Because my spelling gets way worse than that...