Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Huh, these people might be on to something...

Last night was my date with Rick, the guy from IJL. Really it was more of a first meeting than a date, since it was just for drinks. I have to say it went very well! He was cute, although a little smaller than I prefer. He also looked older than 28. But still cute. My first impression was that he was very polite (as in if I was talking and he wanted to add something, he would say it, then apologize for cutting in) and nice. He seems intelligent and well-mannered and all that good stuff. We also have a lot in common in terms of interests. He has a dog for which he has joint custody with his parents (as he describes it), so he understood my whole cat thing. We ended up talking about everything from brothels to football, and by the time we left it was 9:30. Yep, we had been there for three hours.

Now he's the potentially awkward part about IJL. At the end of the date, it is up to us to exchange contact info. If we don't, we can't get it from IJL. It made me sort of nervous towards the end, not knowing if he would ask for my info...not that I didn't think he would, but you never know, right? As we were getting up to leave he asked if I would like to get together some time, so I gave him my info. It's funny, we both hate the phone, so he told me he'd send a text message or email, and I told him that was perfect.

So now the waiting game begins...how long before I hear from him? I know, that's the age-old question.

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

So far, so good...

PadresGirl said...

That's great. Can't wait to hear some more!