Friday, November 14, 2008

A new date and a new direction

Hmm, what are you guys going to be more excited about, a new date or a new direction? I guess I'll start with the shorter story- the new date.

The new date. He's someone I met the old-fashioned way, on match.com. We chatted online a little bit last week, then got busy, then managed to arrange a date for next week. I don't know a ton about him other than that he's cute and a lawyer. And from Detroit. So I'll call him Detroit. Our date is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, so I'll keep you posted.

The new direction. Having been somewhat disappointed in the online dating experience, I've decided to try something new. It's called It's Just Lunch. Heard of it? It's a matchmaking service where the idea is you only meet up for lunch or drinks after work, and that's it. If you like the person you exchange info at the end of your date. Then you call and give your feedback to your matchmaker, and they take that into account when making your next match. I was a little skeptical for various reasons, so I only signed up for a 4 month trial. I'm guaranteed at least one match every three weeks, but can get them much more often than that if I so desire.

I was told they would call me Monday with my first match (I just went and met with them today at lunch), so I was pleasantly surprised when they called this afternoon. My first match is named Rick and he's an attorney as well (I have to use their real names because that's basically all I know about the person). So I said I'd give him a try ("accept the match") and am waiting to hear if he does the same. From that point, It's Just Lunch will call and make a reservation for us somewhere. I just show up, give the hostess my name, and he will do the same, and we'll magically end up at the same table. I'm really looking forward to see what comes of this service. And best of all for my three readers is that there will once again be fresh material! Lucky you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about this. I think it sounds really cool. Perhaps a conversation starter can be how many dates until he expects to get you in the sack :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about this. I think it sounds really cool. Perhaps a conversation starter can be how many dates until he expects to get you in the sack :)

Ed said...

I think Hope should start all of her dates with that ice breaker.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can ask him and then crush his hopes and dreams right then and there.