Sunday, June 22, 2008

Date with Flight

Last night was my date with Flight. We met at PF Changs, which I love. He lives about an hour away from here, and was flying out this morning at 6am, so he wanted to meet sort of early-ish. We met at 6pm and sat in the bar for a while. He seemed sort of nervous, probably because he's new to this whole online dating thing...I, of course, am an old pro, so I don't really get nervous anymore. After a few minutes we moved to the dining area and proceeded with dinner. Conversation was pretty good and not awkward or anything. We shared two dishes, although of course I had him order his choice, the Moo Shu chicken, without mushrooms. A few glasses of wine later we were finally leaving the restaurant at 8:30pm. Unlike my previous 2.5 hour date with Frat, however, I was actually enjoying myself and bummed that it had to end...darn early morning flights. Unfortunately I won't see him for a while because he is going out of town for a week for work, and then is on vacation for two weeks.

On a completely unrelated note, I am watching Bridezillas as I'm typing. A large, black bride, who ordered her dress three months ago, can no longer fit in it...as in it doesn't zip at all. What does she do? Heads to the all you can eat chinese buffet. Nice.

1 comment:

PadresGirl said...

So glad it went well! Hope you get a date #2 when he gets back. Your story about Bridezillas is hilarious. "Why doesn't my dress fit? Mmmm...eggrolls!"