Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spending time with Stevo

And now, a blog that has nothing to with dating...except it explains what I'll be doing this summer when not on a date. To start, I guess Stevo the Tivo is a bit of a misnomer, since he has been in a box ever since the cable/satellite company came out with DVRs in an area where I actually live...but since I can't think of a creative name to go with DVR, I'm sticking with Stevo. Anyway, I am shocked at the amount of seemingly interesting shows this summer. Last night were the premieres of "Wipeout" and "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow." I was really looking forward to Wipeout, I mean a people running through a GIANT obstacle course, flailing around like idiots, what more could you want? Surprisingly, it was ISJG that was way more entertaining. Basically, these contestants show up in LA for a reality show, only to be flown to Japan to be contestants on an actual Japanese reality show. Not that crazy one where you have to be Greek God to compete, but one where you just do ridiculous stuff...words cant describe, so take a look at this picture of their outfits, just to give you an idea (yes, they are dresses as bugs)...The funny thing is that the entire audience is Japanese, as is the host. The host will say things to the contestants in English, then totally make fun of them in Japanese to the audience, who will start cracking up, and the contestants have no idea what's going on. It's great. Other summer shows Stevo is saving for me include: Baby Borrowers , which lets teenagers who think they are ready for parenthood borrow kids of different ages, from baby to teen; The Secret Life of an American Teenager (with Mollly Ringwald!); Army Wives (got hooked because there was a marathon of the first season while I was sick); Bridezilla (see previous post on bride who was too fat for her dress and continued to eat at China Buffet), and; Say Yes to the Dress (a reality show about an upscale wedding boutique in NY...people spend waaaay too much money on wedding dresses...I love it when they are asked their budget and say something like "No more than $8,000"...and this show isn't just for girls.)

So, those should keep me busy until my real shows (Gray's Anatomy, The Office) come on...I suggest you all check some of them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tivoed Wipeout and I survived a Japanese Game Show but haven't watched them yet. I'm pretty excited about it. Another cute show is My Boys on TBS. They are on a summer schedule so the new season just started.