Wednesday, October 8, 2008

From a friend

Let me take a minute to tell you about blogger Padres Girl. PG and I went to junior high and high school together. She is a year older (ha!) and has a brother my age. I wouldn't say we were friends in school, but we definitely knew each other. We were in different social circles, and other than being in the junior high band together, probably didn't run into each other that much. Actually that's not true, because when your entire high school is only 800 people, you run into everyone. A lot. I'm sure we had a lot of classes together, although the only one I remember is English my sophomore year (Holocaust literature- how's that for depressing?). So we knew each other, but didn't really know each other (Oh yeah, and I also very briefly dated one of her brother's best friends, if that counts).

So I move to San Diego, not knowing she is there. Then, I move to my current location, and we start talking over myspace. Then we become blogging buddies. Turns out we've had a lot of relationship similarities, both dealing with retarded military men. And now, I'm even invited to her 20+10'th bday party in December. See? The internet made us friends...who said that technology isn't good for relationships? Not me!

We are now at the stage where she cares enough about me to make a voodoo doll of Dentist's quasi-gf (see her comment)! Apparently it's made of bubble wrap as to facilitate the snapping of body parts. Okay, so it's sort of demented and scary, but in a good, really funny way. And here is the finished product: Thanks, PG!

2 comments:

PadresGirl said...

Hey, you forgot to mention my mad artistic skillz! Although, maybe the picture speaks for itself...Anyway, thanks for the fab blog post. I'm honored! :-)

Anonymous said...

That is great! I love stalker jokes, they are my favorite. Having a voodoo doll is such a great idea and really puts you in the stalker category. Good work!