Friday, October 3, 2008

I got a call...

...at 8:15, on my work phone. The number came up, and I recognized it. I knew it was his office. I quickly shut my office door. Sweat started to accumulate on my forehead, and my blood pressure was suddenly about 200/150. But I was going to do it...I was going to answer the phone. And I did.

Quasi-false alarm (by the way, I love the word "quasi"). It was the receptionist at Dentist's office. As soon as I heard her voice I was certain she was going to tell me that Dentist would prefer if I went back to my old dentist. You know, because he doesn't date patients, or he's married, or gay, or creeped out by patients who want to date him. Instead, she gave me this long explanation as to why he hadn't called me back yet. It turns out that he had to quickly leave his office after work to catch a flight so he could attend some continuing education out of town. She hadn't had time to physically hand him the message. I figured this meant I wouldn't be hearing from him until next week. Nope; she called his cell phone to give him my message, so I'm guessing he has a voicemail, from Receptionist, about my message.

Either this dental office has the best service ever (I mean, have you ever gotten a call to tell you why the dentist/doctor/whatever didn't call you?), or Receptionist knows what's up and is on my side.

At least I know the ball is in his court....all I can do is sit here and wait; and check my phone every 3 seconds to make sure I have reception.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome story! The receptionist totally knows what's going on. And so do all of her friends. I'm sure this is the most entertaining thing that's happened in the office in a long time...

PadresGirl said...

I love it! I went out to dinner with friends, and couldn't wait to get home and check for an update! I'll be blog-stalking you all weekend to see what happens!