Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quasi-dating related updates

Anyone who knows me knows I love a bargain. I spend my Sunday mornings clipping coupons and comparing various sales in order to get the best use out of the coupon (today I bought $102 worth of groceries for $48...I know, I rock!). I think it's the math dork in me. Anyway, today I went to Dillard's. Dillard's has the best sales of any department store (similar to Macy's, but with clean racks and friendly salespeople). Well, today I found the best deal EVER. A pair of shoes, normally priced at $69.00, marked down to $17.50. But wait, there's more. The shoes were an additional 40% off, making the total price, including tax $11.11!

Yes, I realize this really has nothing to do with dating...but I will probably wear them on a date, so hopefully that counts. And now, the shoes (You can't really tell, but they are red patent leather on the front and a darker patent leather read on the back...oh, and Zack really likes them):And no, the damn Dentist has not called. Hence the time-filling shopping. I also hit up Banana Republic and got some much needed black pants for 40% off (all pants are 40% off there right now, FYI) and a magenta/hot pink sweater for like $25...cuter than I can make it sound...

In other non-dating related news, tomorrow is the dreaded day that I have to start a real diet. It will be almost exactly one month until I'm in a wedding, and in an effort to make the dress fit better (it fits, but I'd like to be able to breathe while wearing itwhile not having to duct tape my boobs down), I have to say goodbye yummy food, hello boring crap.

Since I'm suddenly remember all of these non-dating related things to post, I'm just gonna list them. I had my first belt test in karate yesterday; I am now a yellow belt. The test was me and maybe 6-7 other people. The hot instructor was trying to make a point about how you need to be efficient with your moves, since you need to get as much power at that second as possible and you're not suddenly going to grow stronger. To illustrate the point, he asked a guy who was testing how much he weighs. The guy answered. Then he looks at me and asks me the same question. I answered the question with a shocked, annoyed look on my face (yes, there was a point to him asking, but couldn't he have asked some other guy?) Oh, yeah, he's only 22...that explains it. Didn't his mother teach him the rules?

Finally, I think I found a place to live! Yay! It's not in the part of town I wanted, and my commute will now increase from 2 miles to 7 miles. But, it's right next to a big shopping center that's going in, which will have a bunch of restuarants and a country bar with a mechanical bull! Yes, I will be within walking distance of a mechanical bull! It's as if the apartments were built with me in mind. Hmm, maybe I should get the 2 BR since I know all of my out of town friends are going to want to visit me all the time. I haven't signed anything yet, because there's a waiting list, so let's all cross our fingers!

Oh, wait, one more thing...I just bought the extended version of Sex and the City and am getting ready to watch it. Am I the only person who can never remember if it's "Sex in the City" or "Sex and the City"? After watching it all those years, I just had to look at the DVD cover to check. Odd.

1 comment:

PadresGirl said...

Those shoes are hot. I'm so jealous. I don't have as much fun shoe shopping these days. I can't wait until I can wear heels again!