Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The moment we've all been waiting for...

Just when I thought Dentist was never going to call...he did! Yep, this morning. We chatted for a few minutes about the continuing education he went to this past weekend, and he told me about a mishap involving leaving is laptop at security in Phoenix. Turns out he just flew back yesterday.

Here's the weird thing- I wasn't even nervous. Maybe I was just so relieved that he actually called that it was enough to calm me down...

Anyway, the pertinent part of the conversation went something like this...I asked him if he'd like to get together sometime outside of his office. He went on to say that he's actually seeing someone (not seriously though), but the ladies at his office don't know because he likes to keep it separate from work. And when S had commented about his being single, he knew where it was going but didn't really want to reveal his dating life to his office. He said he is very flattered that I asked, and will definitely call me if something changes. So, it was basically the nicest rejection ever. The weird thing though is he actually sounded completely sincere when he said it...so now let's all think bad wishes for his current relationship...haha, just kidding...sort of...

Here's the more important issue though...how are we all going to be entertained until I find someone else to obsess over?

10 comments:

Jaimi said...

Should only take you a few days to find someone...

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Even so, it's still awesome that you grew some lady balls and asked him out. And now you will never have to regret chickening out. I know this sounds lame, but if it's meant to be, it will happen...if not your own "Marlboro Man" is out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm not concerned about the "meant to be" stuff...just more concerned about the end of the Dentist fun...must find new boy obsession.

PadresGirl said...

I think you should scout out the cowboy bar near your potentially new home. I'm with Hopeful. Your Marlboro Man could be there.

Now I'm off to create a voodoo doll of the girl Dentist is secretly dating...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, haha...too bad it's not actually built yet!

Um, can you post a picture of your voodoo doll :)

PadresGirl said...

Sorry, can't get a good picture, but she's made of bubble wrap. It's very satisfying to pop her head and hear that "snap." :-)

Haley said...

I had JUST said to Fletcher that he never called. Then I clicked on your blog for today and BAM there it was. That's great he called and bummer he has a quasi girlfriend. It won't last. Bet she didn't flatter him by stalking him and then asking him out. He will be back! But until then...wtf do we obsess about?????

Anonymous said...

@Padres - too bad, I would love to see it...snap away!

@Haley- Aww, glad to know that Fletcher is a blog reader (sort of). Must find someone new...so many people really on me for entertainment...feeling the pressure... :)
Oh, and do guys really like it when girls stalk them? Because I think I could be REALLY good at that...haha...only partially kidding there...

Anonymous said...

Okay, need to proof read...should have said RELY, not REALLY. But you all knew that...

Ed said...

First: yes, you would be really good at stalking men

Second: on the stalking issue, I think it's probably flattering at first, but then you start to think she might be a little high on the 'ole Crazy Scale and start getting mental images of Fatal Attraction.

But of course this is coming from a guy who has never been stalked (as far as I know)...