Thursday, August 7, 2008

Raw Fish and Pool Sticks

Last night was my first date with Johnny. He happened to be staying at a hotel right down the street from my house, which worked out well because the sushi place he picked was about a two minute drive. He was actually much cuter in person than in his pictures, not that he was bad looking in those, but I was pleasantly surprised. I've always said that sushi would be a bad first date food, and it turns out I was right. First of all, no one looks attractive shoving a giant piece of roll into their mouth...and it's not like you can opt for a smaller bite. Plus, it takes forever to get through a piece, which means you have to sit there and chew before you can continue the conversation. He seemed to enjoy asking me a question at the exact moment I would stick food in my mouth. We ended up staying there for a couple of hours. Right before we left the people at the table next door started talking to us. It was two older couples, who very quickly asked if it was our first date and if we had met on the internet. They then went on to say that we would have really cute kids. After dinner we went across the street to a bar to shoot some pool. I'm a pretty decent pool player, but for some reason my skills diminish with alcohol. At this point I had had a few glasses of wine and then was drinking lemon drops at the bar. We played 5 games, and I somehow managed to win 2 of those. We stayed there until almost midnight, which is way to late for me to be out on a school night...but it does explain why I feel so outstanding today...or like 10 lbs. of monkey poop in a 5 lbs. bag.

Oh a creepier note, today as I was walking into work I had a call on my cell from a restricted number. I answered because I assumed it was my grandma, who think it is necessary to block her number. Nope. I am a member of Mensa, and I have a profile on their website (which only members can view). It's just basic info, name, age, email, phone number, picture, etc. Some member was apparently using the Mensa directory as his own personal dating site. He said he had been to a few events and hadn't met anyone interesting, but that I look like I would be fun (what exactly does fun look like?). I was totally caught off guard. I told him I was just walking into work and he said he would call me back tonight. I told him to just email me instead (soooo easy to press delete). I could tell from his voice that he was older. And creepy. Yucky.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Personally, I think your phone number and address look like a rip-roaring good time!!

Jaimi said...

Johnny? Yay. Although I still say the kid comment is the kiss of death.

Retard #...8 is it? That would freak me out. Glad I'm not as big of a nerd as you! No mensa creeps for me!

;-)

PadresGirl said...

Wow, so many things I could comment on here...I'll just ask this question: They let retards into Mensa? Scary thought.