Friday, August 22, 2008

So Confused

Last night was my second date with Johnny. I was really looking forward to it because I had a great time with him on our first date, which was two weeks ago. Since then we've talked on the phone a few times and emailed and texted a lot.

We met at a pretty nice restaurant (you know, table cloths, candles, and waiters who have those little bread crumb scraper things). Everything went really well, we had no trouble talking. Afterward we headed back to my place to play some Rock Band (he has it as well, so we sort of challenged each other to a game). We played that for a while and then just sat there and talked (an hour of Rock Band = very tired arms, by the way). We talked for well over an hour. One thing I noticed is how comfortable I was with him. I wasn't really nervous or anything. Oh, and my cats loved him, so he's obviously not an axe murderer (very scientific test there). End of the night comes around....and I get a hug. Yes, much like what you'd give your friend or your sister. No attempt at any sort of move was made.

After he left I was trying to figure out what was going on. Then I remembered something from one of his original emails (remember, he lives out of town, but comes up here for work almost every week):

"I usually hang out with customers when I travel up there but it would be nice to visit with someone outside of work."

Visit. What exactly does that mean? Is he just looking for a friend to hang out with? It seems odd that he would have a profile on match for that. On the flip side, he does say some flirty things and based on his actions/words until 10:45 last night I would have guessed that he was into me. Maybe I'm over reacting...maybe he's just a nice guy who doesn't move too fast and is more of a 3rd date kisser. What do you think? I'm so confused.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I think you're overreacting. I'm sure "visit with" means the same as "hang out with" or something similar because you have to keep it light and noncommittal at first. Otherwise you scare her off.

As for not making a move, he's probably just afraid of making you think he's moving too fast and he hasn't seen the "green light" yet. If he's dense like me, you might have to wait a little longer until he figures it out. Either that, or you just have to be more aggressive.

PadresGirl said...

Or...maybe he's a bad kisser! :-)

In all honesty, Ed's probably right. And if he's new to the online scene, maybe he's not sure of how quickly he can move onto the smoochies.

Anonymous said...

If you are liking this guy and feeling comfortable, I say give it time. If he moves slow, that is probably a good thing. But after a few weeks, months and its the same thing...I'd say bye-bye.

Anonymous said...

Did he pay for dinner? If so, then I'm sure "visit" really meant "date." Wear a low cut top next time, he'll get the hint that you are into him.