Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Clarification

Okay, I think I must have been a little less than eloquent when I wrote my last post regarding Rick. While I made it sound that I was annoyed at always having to make the plans, it's more that I'm always taking the initiative to do anything at all. Like when I made him cookies for Christmas, I mentioned that I needed to drop them off at some point before I went out of town for the holidays. His response? "Okay." Not "okay, why don't you come by after work tomorrow" or even "this is a rough week, would you be able to just drop them on my doorstep." Does that make sense? All of this pretty much left me with the feeling that He's Just Not that Into Me. Which is why I decided to give the reins to him.

As of right now, this is sort of a moo point. After not initiating contact with him, he sent me some texts yesterday, followed by an email this morning, inviting me over after work to watch a football game. I had plans and couldn't make it, but it was nice to see him doing some asking.

3 comments:

Jaimi said...

I am agreeing with Padresgirl from earlier post. He has gotten comfortable. Stupid boy.

PadresGirl said...

Wow, don't let too many people agree with me. It will go to my head! But yes, he thinks you are just going to come to him with minimal effort on his behalf. He'd better step it up!

Ed said...

PG is right. He's probably trying to play it safe and not screw it up. Think about it...it took the guy about 732 dates to go for first base. A conservative, pro-Hope gameplan at this point shouldn't be surprising.