Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A week of updates

Sorry for being a slacker and not updating this thing...I have no excuse, other than pure laziness. Which really I see more as a reason than an excuse. So that's my reason. Anyway, lots to update:

*I invited Rick to my work Christmas party. It was quite the internal debate- on one hand, I thought it would be fun to have a date, but on the other hand, was it too soon for that? I decided to throw caution to the wind and invite him, and he accepted. It turned out to be a fun night. He got approval from all of my work peeps. I will also say that he looked very good in his little outfit. Yummy.

*My brother's work Christmas party is this Saturday. Apparently the party will be ridiculous, LOTS of money is spent on it. I told him, half jokingly, to find out if any of his coworkers need a date. Sure enough, one does, and I'm it. Yep, sort of a blind date...with my brother and his wife. It should be fun.

*Saturday was my date with Evan. I was really looking forward to this, because he sounded really promising. On paper. Key there is the on paper. I got to the restaurant first. Wait, let me back up. I had to go to Rick's Saturday morning because he had my ID and my debit card (ahhh, so nice to have a date to carry stuff around for me) from the night before. I ended up hanging out there until about 30 minutes before my Evan date. I sort of felt bad about it...but not really. Maybe like 5% bad. Or 10%. Definitely not more than 10%. He wanted to hang out and I had to decline, so I could go meet another guy. Oh well. Anyway, back to Evan. If you took the Pillsbury dough boy and bred him with a serial murderer, that would be Evan. Yep, a pudgy guy with beady eyes. He was fairly boring. Not even boring, just blah. He was only 30, but I would have believed it if I had been told he was 40. Needless to say, we did not exchange contact info.

*Saturday night I hung out with Rick. We went to dinner and then back to my place to watch a movie. It was fun, very much like the other time we *ahem* watched a movie together.

I think that's all of my updates...um, yep.

1 comment:

Jaimi said...

Niiiiice move on renaming "Rick" to "Rock".

That must have been SOME movie.