Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I hope I look good with drool on my chin.

I've had to go in to see my dentist three times in the past few weeks. I'm in the process of getting Invisalign, so there are impressions to be made, fillings to get, etc. In my experience, the dentist has limited involvement with the patient...the hygienist does everything, and the dentist simply comes in at the last minute to poke around. Not my dentist. Nope, he is very involved. Pictures needed to be taken? He used those shoe-horn looking things to keep my mouth open while the hygienist took pictures. Impressions? He kept his fingers in my mouth to hold them down...for five minutes! That's a very long time when I can't speak and he is having a "conversation" with me (side note: why do they always do that?). Then, he pulls the tray out and following it is a bunch of drool which is then on my chin, and he wipes off with my bib thing. Nice. Oh, did I mention the trays needed to be done twice, once for the top and once for the bottom? So that's 10 minutes of his fingers in my mouth. There was even one time when I really had to refrain saying "that's what she said" when he mentioned something that could have been taken the wrong way. It was hard, really hard. That's what she said. See, can't help myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I was complaining about getting out of bed and I was like "I can't up, it's just so hard" and Sean did a that's what she said, it was funny.

PadresGirl said...

Is this the cute dentist? Did my bubble wrap voodoo doll work?

hope said...

Yep, same dentist. I'm not sure if the voodoo doll worked or not. I think when I go in to see him next time (which should be in a couple of weeks) I'm going to crank up the flirt. I mean, what have I got to lose?