Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Atlanta date recap

Last night was my date with Atlanta. After giving two people his address and instructions to come looking for my hacked up body and/or unlock me from his basement if they hadn't heard from me by a set time, I headed over to his house. His house was big and new...he was still in the process of decorating it and getting furniture, but all of the basics were there (I don't think there was a single piece of furniture upstairs). When I got there he was cooking dinner- chicken parm, bread, veggies, and rice. We sat around and talked while dinner was finishing. Once dinner was finished we sat at his table (nice that he had an actual table, I'm used to just sitting on the couch) and ate and talked. There was a random lightening storm outside which I could see (but he couldn't because of where he was sitting) which was fairly distracting. He has to get up at some ridiculous hour for work, so I left at around 9:45. The conversation flowed pretty well, but I wouldn't really call it a "fun" night. I mean I had a good time, I think it was more that we basically just talked for two hours. I've never really had a date like that where we didn't actually do anything...he had dinner all ready, it just had to finish cooking, so it's not like we were cooking together. I also don't feel like I really know him any better than I did after our first date, which is strange. I do think he's a nice guy and if he asks me out of course I'll say yes, but it also won't be the end of the world if he doesn't....it would be a sort of "that sucks, oh well" type thing rather than an "I really liked him I can't believe he doesn't want to go out again" thing. Maybe it's just me and my heart isn't really into dating yet...Anyway, overall I'll give the date a B...good but not great, could have been a whole lot worse though.

Next up, Thursday night drink date with TA...

4 comments:

Ed said...

hey...some of us don't have tables only because we don't have room for tables!! Having room for a table around these parts is a true luxury.

Haley said...

Sounds like it was so-so. Maybe just weird being at his house....any news from him today?

Anonymous said...

Haley - I texted him to thank him for dinner and said you're welcome and asked me how my day is going.

Ed - Move to my state...lots of room for tables, and at 1/2 the price.

PadresGirl said...

I had a date like this. Nice, but nothing to write home about. Maybe he was just off his game? Did he at least kiss you?