Friday, May 23, 2008

Good times, good times

Last night was my date with TA, we met at a local wine bar. It was nice meeting someone that I sort of knew already, it made it so I wasn't nervous at all, even though I knew him only for a brief time ten years ago. We were only there for maybe an hour and a half, but were able to talk pretty easily. Most of our discussions circled around the university we both attended, but we covered other topics as well. I don't know if there was a ton of romantic chemistry, but he was definitely someone I would love to hang out with again.

I got an email from Atlanta yesterday asking how my day was going. I also had a missed call from him, but he didn't leave a message, so I didn't call him back. I'm sure I'll hear from him today though...

A friend of mine is in the process of buying a car. She found one listed online, and the guy selling it claims he is in the military (same branch as Maverick). He is selling the car for way under its value (like less than half of what it's worth). There are also some other weird things with his story that makes it a little fishy (like where he says he is stationed and his rank). So I email Maverick and ask his professional opinion, expecting a short answer. Instead, Maverick tells me he looked up the guy's name and some other stuff, and asked me to ask my friend to get more information and he will do more thorough research. I was pretty impressed that a guy I don't really even know voluntarily went out of his way to do that, especially since I know he's really busy; it was refreshing, to say the least. He also suggested times for our "date" and it looks like we will "meet" tomorrow.

And now, for the comic of the day:

No comments: