Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Now I Remember...

...why I hate dating! The wait, it's horrible! You go out with a guy, have a good time, and then have to wait for them to contact you. Boo...

I have some updates from the e-harmony world. With e-harmony, you don't just get to start talking to people, there is this whole process to go through. There are four phases, the first is where you choose 5 multiple choice questions for them to answer, the second you send them a list of must haves/can't stands (you pick 10 of each from a huge list), the third is where you pick 3 questions and they have to actually write answers (mini-essay question), and the final stage is open communication, where you can basically email back and forth.

I have finally made it to the final stage with a guy on there, who I'll call Maverick (please note the Tom Cruise reference is pre-him going psycho). Maverick is military pilot currently stationed overseas, but will be coming back to the US this summer. While he will not be in my town, he will be fairly close (anything under an hour flight is okay by me). So I broke the rules and gave him my email address, so that we wouldn't have to communicate through e-harmony's system, and today I got an email from him. We haven't emailed back and forth very much yet, but there is something reassuring about meeting him through e-harmony, since I know we were matched based on personality. Of course I will keep you posted...

Tonight I have my date with Gandhi. Well, I am supposed to at least, he hasn't emailed me to tell me where we are going yet. I'm not really looking forward to it, just because he seems like too nice a guy and not necessarily my type. But I would obviously love for it to surprise me and be a great date, we'll see. Hopefully I won't spend the whole date wondering when/if Atlanta is going to call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he looks like Tom Cruise in that picture :)

hope said...

Hmmm, not quite...but he's probably not as weird either...