Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yes, he replied!

Continued from the previous post...psycho guy actually responded to my email:

"Just to clarify, since you asked me to "Please tell me how my profile is negative." Here are a few examples of statements in your profile that are definitively negative, dismissive, or just curt:

"Liberal propagandists need not apply."
"If you can't handle that we'll never work out."
"[I]s chivalry dead?"
"Looks are important and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves."
"Absolute date breakers would be if the guy was rude, crude, or cheap."
"Also, I just wanted to say upfront that I am not looking to date someone with kids, sorry."

Further, and I don't mean to insult you by saying this, the overall tone of your profile is rather shrewish, and my impression is that you define your "match" by watch you dislike or do not desire, rather than by what you do.

And even what you do say you want, you say in an unnecessarily discourteous manner that is plainly off-putting. Regardless, here is what you say you want, line by line:
A Conservative Republican, conversationalist who can handle your "opinionated" nature, is not an arachnophobe, is intelligent, funny, likes Dr Laura, is well-mannered, generous, attractive (at least to you), is honest and forthright about his feelings, and is currently childless.

Well, that's FINE; all perfectly reasonable desires which, for the most part, I share. I just think you go about communicating those desires in an unnecessarily negative, dismissive, and mandatory way. And it that all you want? Surely there are other subtle qualities that you like and desire in a man other than these. You are obviously bright, so I doubt that you "don't really know what else to say." Perhaps you fear revealing these desires, as we all do, we must ourselves vulnerable in many ways by doing so. Indeed, "sometimes what you think you want and what you actually want is quite different." But what you think is all you have, however ill-conceived or mistaken. That's all I was saying."

I am going to start a contest here...everyone post a comment with their response to this jerk, and I will send the winner's to him...I'm too much in shock to respond on my own. I mean it's a dating profile, not a novel- if you don't keep these things short, sweet, and to the point, people won't read it...any hackers out there who can go into his account and see how many responses he's received? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This guy sounds like "Rog", the shrink that Phoebe dated in Friends that they all hated.