Monday, May 12, 2008

One down, Three to Go

I have been fairly amazed at the response I'm getting from match. I get at least 3 emails/winks a day. Not to say all of the guys are my type...my favorite so far was a 61 year old who described himself as a "great lover." Yuck. Or the guy, who after chatting with him for all of two minutes, asked me what I was wearing. Yuck again. But there have been a few guys with potential. As of Saturday, I had set up three dates through match.com for the week. I potentially have a 4th date with someone a friend is setting me up with as well. Date #1 was yesterday, with a guy I'll call Frat.

We met at a local restaurant. I hadn't really talked/emailed him much, so I didn't know a ton about him, other than his profile information. I did know he was 35, pretty cute, and fairly new to town. Everything went pretty well, the conversation flowed. He was interesting, but didn't really have that "it" factor. Sort of like when you order a dish that is okay, and you liked it, but wouldn't order again. The check came and he just let it sit there for about 30 minutes. I wasn't about to reach for it, so we just kept talking. He finally paid, and I was thinking it meant that I got to leave...nope. Finally, after being there for 2.5 hours, I sort of motioned that it was time to go. Frat wasn't a bad guy, he was nice, and he had some good stories. But he was a 35 year old frat boy- I think if given the option he would go back to his college years. So I'll rate date #1 a C+, not horrible, but could have been better. I think if he calls I will do the mature thing and let it go to voicemail. :)

Scheduled for this week is a date with Atlanta on Tuesday (he's a baseball fan) and Gandhi on Wednesday (seems like a really nice guy, maybe too nice). I think I'm going out with Bean on Friday (he's a CPA), who is the friend of a friend. It is going to be a very busy week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your annonymous names are hilarious! Good luck with the dating game.