Sunday, May 25, 2008

A small island in a sea of nothingness

Weird post title, right? The title basically describes my weekend. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my 3 day weekend of nothingness, especially since I am going to be out of town (again) next weekend, and again two weeks after that. Plus I've got my new friend, Mawiio (clever name, thanks to quasi-boss #3 for that) to keep me occupied. As for the small island, last night was my online "date" with Maverick. It actually went really well. We talked about stuff people would normally talk about on a first date. I think eharmony does do a pretty good job matching people...I mentioned a few items on my platform for when I run for president in 2016, and he fully agreed with them; actually, he said he would get to work on an amendment that would lower the age requirement and allow me to run sooner. Haha...He seems like someone who really knows what he is looking for in a relationship and is done with his playing around days, so that's a gold star for Maverick. Of course, it does totally suck that he won't even be back in the country until July, and even then he will be an hour flight away from me. I've done the long distance thing before and am willing to do it again (for the right person), but it isn't an ideal situation.

For all of you psychoanalysts reading this, yes, I am aware of the possibility that I am interested in this guy because it is pretty safe, seeing how I won't even be able to meet him in person for two months. But maybe that's what I need right now...maybe an online relationship is as much as I can handle, seeing how I haven't had a huge connection with any of the guys I've met in person. Although, there have only been three of those, and you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince, right?

Some sad news, it looks like Dilbert is done with its dating story...boo...

2 comments:

PadresGirl said...

Hey, I give you big kudos for even starting this process so soon. It took me months to even consider dating again! At least it sounds like you are having fun. And if it stops being fun, at least you have your Wii!

Anonymous said...

I am having fun, but even though I'm dating I have a feeling it will take me a while to be able to be in another relationship...I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!