Monday, May 26, 2008

Myspace or yours?

Ever since changing my relationship status to "single" on myspace, I have been getting a lot of messages and friend requests from random guys. Here is one such example (wonderful spelling and grammar):

"u are Beauteous female and i could see just from the pic that u have a very good heart.lol dont ya have difficulty in knowing the right guy and a guys intentions because of ure immense beauty.....U know i have a gift,, where i can see persons heart just by the pics. Its just wonderous that u have both. any ways hope god finds ya best of luck and clear horizons."

Keep in mind this is about 1/10th of this guy's email...he sent me a follow up a few days later, concerned that I hadn't received is first message, since I hadn't replied. Yeah, that's why I didn't send a response.

One thing about the town I live in is although the population is over 200,000, it is a really "small" town. By small, I mean you run into the same people all the time....like the guy who saw me at a bar and recognized me from match.com. Yes, that is weird. Anyway, yesterday I get a message on myspace from another seemingly random guy. Turns out it's a guy who works at a place the ex and I used to go to regularly...without giving away where he works, let's just say it is the equivalent to manager at a restaurant or something like that, but the kind who wanders around and greets every guest. So he mentioned that he hadn't seen us there lately and I told him that the ex and I are no longer together. He then proceeded to tell me the following:

"WOW...he is absolutely NUTS......the first time you walked into the room.....I told my boss (my best friend)..Steve..I said WOW...she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen..I'm not kidding either..you are GORGEOUS........"

Needless to say, I don't think I will be returning to that establishment any time in the near future. At this rate, I am going to end up not being able to go anywhere in this town...

2 comments:

PadresGirl said...

Yeah, I feel your pain. I had to set my myspace profile to private because of that!

Ed said...

A friend of mine had sort of a different experience on Facebook. She had her relationship status set to "single" and decided to just delete that info altogether and not provide a response to the question. So Facebook sent a message to all of her friends saying "(Sally) is no longer listed as 'single'".

After that she said she got a million e-mails and phone calls from all of her friends asking who the lucky guy was.