Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yeah Right and Surprisingly Great

Okay, this is a two part post. Part one - I told you that I sent Frat a message saying I was not interested. He texted back and thanked me for my honesty, and said he felt the same way. Interesting, how he just asked me out again...He did say he would still like to hang out as friends, since we are both new to the area. On to more interesting things...

Part two of this post is my date with Atlanta. It was actually really good. We met at an Italian place...I had asked him for his cell number earlier today, in case we couldn't find each other (or his pics were from 10 years ago and I didn't recognize him). He said he would arrive early and be waiting outside so that we could find each other easily. I got there about 10 minutes early and he was already there. He was much cuter than his pictures, not that he looked bad in those. He had these awesome blue eyes and was just a good looking guy. I was instantly impressed by him because he made a reservation- that 2 minutes of effort is way more than a lot of guys put in. Dinner was great, and so was the bottle of wine. Actually I am still feeling the wine as I am typing this, so sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors. Conversation was good, although I could tell he was a little nervous at first (the 2 glasses of wine cured that for me...plus I think I am more relaxed since I just got out of a relationship and don't quite know what I'm looking for. It was one of those dates that I didn't really want to end, but of course if eventually did. Oh, and when the check came, he immediately took out his credit card and stuck it in the bill holder thing without even looking at it. This guys is from the South, and those southern manners did definitely show. Hopefully I will hear from him (and not get a "no chemistry" text, that is just so harsh...). Overall, I will grade it an A- (don't want to give an A, since I don't know what's out there...gotta leave some room).

Here's the thing though...what if I was his Frat? I mean what if the whole time he was thinking "when is this going to be over," while I just wanted to continue talking? I was just reminded why I hate dating...

No comments: