Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slave Labor?

I have confirmed my 4th date of the week with Bean. This is a set up (not a random guy from the internet) so I am really looking forward to it.

Tonight is my date with Atlanta. We are meeting at an Italian restaurant. I've already scoped out the menu and will be getting the ravioli :) I see dates as a free meal...anything above that (like if I have a connection with the guy) is just a bonus, that way it's hard to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, some of those "free" meals I've really had to work for...I mean my 2.5 hour date with Frat only works out to about minimum wage, if you consider the price of my meal (it was lunch, so probably under $12 including tax and tip) and the time I was there...let's see, $12/2.5 hours = $4.80 an hour! Waaaaay below minimum wage, that's practically slave labor! I might as well be sewing shirts in Cambodia...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why most people only have drinks on the first date rather than a meal. That way if it's painful (like with Frat) you have a quicker out.

Anonymous said...

I've never been on a first date for drinks only, there's always been a meal involved.

Anonymous said...

Well it's a good way to scope someone out and not have to be with them for multiple hours if there's no vibe.

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy the leftovers from those free meals..haha

PadresGirl said...

OK, so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who goes for the free meals, and everything else is just "frosting." Usually, 1st dates for me involve coffee or drinks, but if they want to spring for a meal, I"m all for it!