Monday, July 7, 2008

Busy times ahead

Well, my social event calendar is filling up. I even have a few new guys to add to the mix.
First (and most important), I have another date with Tex on Wednesday. Nothing fancy, we are just meeting to hit golf balls. But I'm still excited about getting to know him better.

And now, I'd like to introduce Golf. Golf is 28 and a golf pro at a local country club. He is pretty darn cute, sort of has that punk look going on, but mixed with the preppy-ness of golf. I mentioned that I went to a driving range over the weekend and said I wanted to get lessons, and he offered to give me lessons! So we are meeting up for that and then grabbing drinks after. To everyone reading this, I was thinking that I should offer to pay for the drinks since he's giving me a lesson, but at the same time it's a date, so I'm not sure? Opinions?

I also am in the process of setting up a date with another guy, who I will call Lefty. I viewed his profile several times, but would always stop being interested when I saw "Liberal" listed as his political view. But when he emailed me, I decided to be open (since I don't want any of my prius driving friends accusing me of being a close-minded conservative). So I will probably be going out with him later this week or maybe next week. He is a lawyer and seems pretty interesting, so at the very least I think it will be fun. Perhaps we'll have to keep our conversation to such topics as the weather...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think talking about the weather will be helpful (i.e. global warming).

I think you should offer to pay for golf's drinks. He will probably refuse the offer but at least he will think you are polite.

PadresGirl said...

I agree that you should offer to buy drinks. Chances are, he'll still pick up the tab, but will probably appreciate the gesture. And hooray to another date with Tex! And I am glad you're keeping an open mind about Lefty. They do say that opposites attract, after all!

Anonymous said...

Golf lessons are spendy...you buying a beer or two wouldn't kill you. I think that being a little less traditional in the dating sense is a good thing sometimes. Buying dinner or drinks, or even being the one to ask for the date is not unreasonable. Let loose, sister!!