Thursday, July 17, 2008

My non-date date

Tonight was my non-date date with Pharm. Ever since we made plans I've been a little nervous about one thing- the dinner bill. I didn't want him to think I thought he should pay, since technically it isn't a date...but I also didn't want to have one of those awkward check moments. Anyway, let me back up...we went to Outback to try their new Bloomin' Burger. Let me just say it is great. It's a normal cheeseburger with bloomin' onion pieces on it, plus some of the sauce. It was fantastic, highly recommended. Towards the end of the meal I was starting to get the check anxiety, but he actually had his wallet pulled out before the check even came. Whew. My ideal plan the whole time is that he would do that and then I would pay for the movie....which I did. Oh, we saw Get Smart. Terrible reviews, hilarious movie. Seriously. If you are a Steve Carell fan you should see it. Even if you aren't, but like dry humor and subtle jokes, see it. We were both laughing the entire time. On the way home we drove by A&W and had to make a root beer float stop. Yummy. I had a pretty good time. There wasn't any weirdness or anything, which I was a little worried about. I don't know if we will ever be more than friends, but for now, friends is fine by me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea I thought that movie was great. I heart Steve Carell.

PadresGirl said...

I also loved Get Smart. Took off early one Friday to see it, and laughed my butt off. Glad the non-date date went well too. Very promising!