Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I did it...

After a lot of thought I decided to email Pharm. I've never received a "Dear John" letter, but I can imagine that it sucks. I basically told him that although I had a good time with him and appreciated everything he did, I just wasn't feeling the chemistry (which I think you should feel during the first date, let alone the third). I also said that I would enjoy hanging out with him in the future (friend zone), but that I understand if that's not what he's looking for. I feel really bad, but I think he deserved to hear what I needed to tell him before he takes me out and spends another $100 on dinner.

My date calendar is getting sort of ridiculous. I am now scheduling dates for next weekend (as in 10 days from now), because I'm pretty much booked solid until then. It is getting to the point where I am having a hard time keeping track of them. Through this whole process I've only made one mistake (I said something about the school Tex went to, then realized it was Slot who had gone to that school...oops...). It's weird, when I first signed up for match I had tons of dates, then is seems like the population dried up, and the number of emails I got suddenly went way down. Now, it's like the dry spell is over and I am back to getting at least 5 emails/winks from NEW guys each day. So I'm scheduling my dates like a doctor schedules his patients- book people every day, but leave spots open for emergencies (in this case, my favorites). I would hate for someone I really like to ask me out and have to tell them I'm available in 2 weeks.

Oh, Flight is back from vacation and I think we are going to meet for dinner in a town half way between us (remember, he lives an hour away). I suggested this and he said that I scored major points by offering to travel. Gold star for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"but I think he deserved to hear what I needed to tell him" - he didnt "hear" anything because you hid behind technology and were too chicken to tell him how you feel in person- you big sissy!!! lol

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comment; I think that if he has spent the time, let alone the money, to date you a couple of times, he deserved at MINIMUM a telephone call. As you already know, this town is really small, and you will definitely run into him again. That will be way uncomfortable...but whatever. Whats done is done.

I think that you taking the initiative to travel to meet Flight is very cool..... how does the whole scheduling dates work? Do you take time to e-mail/chat each of them a couple of times? Or is it just arbitrary based on the asking out?? just curious?

Anonymous said...

Anon. #1- Here's the thing, we never really talked on the phone, almost al of our communication was through email or texting...so I don't feel bad :)

Anon #2- As a rule, I don't even give out my number unless I've emailed back and forth with someone several times. I'm not a phone person (hate it), so a lot of times we will meet without ever having a conversation. For scheduling, it's sort of first come first serve, except now I'm leaving some spots open for the A list.

Ed said...

$100 on dinner?? How much are you drinking on these dates?!

Anonymous said...

Two dinners ($25 x 2), an appetizer ($10), two glasses of wine ($10 x 2) = $80, add tax and tip.