Sunday, July 6, 2008

Small towns

One thing difficult about where I live is that even though it is a large city, it is one where you always run into or see the same people. This can be a problem when one has my preferred method of putting an end to dating someone, which is just not returning a call or text. This problem is made worse by the fact that 4 of the guys I've gone out with live within a mile or two of me, which means we shop at the same stores and drive the same roads. I feel like I need to dress up like a movie star avoiding the paparazzi just to avoid seeing guys I've dated. Last night I was downtown at a popular bar. I was sitting at the bar, waiting for my drink, turn to the right, and see Atlanta standing there. Well, either Atlanta or someone who looks very similar to him. Actually I can't exactly remember what he looks like, which is why I wasn't sure if it was him or not. Anyway, he looked enough like him for me to stay on the opposite side of the bar to him. I guess if it had been him and he approached me I could have adopted an accent and acted like I had no idea what he was talking about. Hmm, that's a good game plan for future reference.

2 comments:

PadresGirl said...

Oh, my. Talk about awkward.

Anonymous said...

It will be just as awkward for the guys as it is for you. Relax...What's the big deal if you see one of them again? This is all about life lessons; you learn as you go and isnt it a good thing to make friends along the way?